Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What book changed your life?

You've GOT to Read This Book!: 55 People Tell the Story of the Book That Changed Their Life

I am currently reading a fascinating book above (compiled by one of my favourite authors Jack Canfield) where 55 "well-known" people tell the story of the book that changed their life.
I then started thinking about the books that changed my life. I'm not sure if these books changed my life, but they certainly made an impact.

They were:
Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five)
These are the books that really got me hooked on reading when I was a young girl. I remember my mum shouting for me every morning as I was late for school because I was engrossed in my Famous Five adventure!

Later, I think the non-fiction books that had a huge impact on me were:
i)

TNT: The Power Within You

ii)
 The Science of Getting Rich or Financial Success Through Creative Thought
Both of these non-fiction books really changed my thinking.


And in the fiction category:

i) a book about the holocaust and it's impact on later generations of the same family

Too Many Men: A Novel


and

The Other Hand

ii) a side to illegal immigration we never think about.A book that left me thinking about it days after I finished it.

I am sure there are many more books that really had an impact on me, but these are the ones that spring to mind .

What books had a lasting impact  on you? I would love to hear.




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: