Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Finds


Friday Finds is a meme hosted by Mizb at Should be Reading.

So here are my book finds for this Friday 18 June:



i)Understanding Jewellery-David Bennet

Understanding Jewellery - 3rd Edition 

A I own an on-line jewellery boutique www.luxuria-jewellery.com
I am always interested in jewellery books. I came across this one this week, and really quite fancy it.




ii) One Amazing Thing-Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni:

One Amazing Thing 

What would you do if you were suddenly trapped with nine other people?
In "One Amazing Thing" nine people who were waiting for Visas in the Indian Embassy are caught together in an earthquake. How they react, what they think, and what they feel makes the theate for this drama.


iii) Every Last Cuckoo-Kate Maloy

Every Last Cuckoo 
I love stories about friendships and the coming together of lost souls, and this book seems to really fit the bill.
It’s about an elderley woman who loses her beloved husband in an accident. As  way of coping with her grief she opens who home to various lost souls; together it seems they all help each other. This sounds like a wonderfully positive and uplifting book; just the kind of book I love.  

I would love to hear your thoughts on my finds this week.



Add to Technorati Favorites

6 comments:

Jess said...

One Amazing Thing sounds great -- nice find!

Alayne said...

I love the cover of the last one. My finds are at The Crowded Leaf.

Unknown said...

Every Last Cuckoo sounds like a great book. I love books about friendships as well... :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've read good reviews of One Amazing Thing.
I also enjoy novels about friendships.
LOVE the cover of the jewellry book.
Nice picks.

Vinopeleón said...

amazing blog :)

Harvee said...

I liked One Amazing Thing. Every Last Cuckoo looks like a good read also.