Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What book...............?

As an avid reader who devours books every month, I thought it would be nice to share some of my recommendations and hopefully add to some of your bookshelves. Also I am hoping that whoever responds to this blog will add to my book shelf.

OK, so here goes:

…….has had an impact on my life?
There are 3 different non-fiction books that have had a real impact on me.

i)TNT-The Power Within You- Claude Bristol
This is one of the most powerful books I have read regarding changing your own destiny and living the life you want. It was written decades ago (1954) but for me he is one of the original personal development experts, and certainly one of the best.

ii)Tuesdays with Morrie-Mitch Albom
This is a non-fictional story that reads like a wonderful tale. A story to remind you what really matters in life.

iii) Apples and Pears-Dr Marie Savard
This book should be compulsory reading for every woman. If nothing else it will shock you into action and possibly save your life!

……….gave me the reading bug?
It has to be Enid Blyton’s Famous Five series of books. I so wanted to be part of that gang. I would just escape completely into the stories.


………would I take to a desert island?
It would have to be something chunky and meaty. So for me it would be ‘The University of Success’ by Og Mandino
This amazing volume contains a complete course on how to succeed, taught by 50 renowned experts. Hopefully I would leave the island a more successful and inspired individual!

……………..left me cold?
As a Brit I am ashamed to say 'A Tale of Two Cities' by Charles Dickens. Perhaps because I was forced to study this at school.

……………..didn’t I finish?
The Da Vinci Code (much to the horror of my friends!).

……….am I reading now?
i)‘I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings’- Maya Angelou
The first volume of Maya’s autobiography. As a black woman in the 1930’s she has known discrimination and extreme poverty, but also hope and joy, achievement and celebration.
ii) ‘The Virtual Handshake’- David Teten & Scott Allen-
How to open doors and close deals on-line

No comments: