Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Purple hats!

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Belinda Emmet written after she found out she was dying from cancer.

*I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

*I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

*I would have talked less and listened more.

*I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

*I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

*I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

*I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

*I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

*I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

*I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life
*I would never have bought anything just because it was practical,wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Maybe we should all grab that purple hat earlier.

What would you do if you had your life over again up until this stage?

I would certainly:
*worry less and think less about things that don’t really matter
*learn to “stop and smell the roses".

No comments: